The ScanMax IP Pro is an Ultra•Max distance deactivator that installs flush against the Point-Of-Sale (POS) bar code scanner for seamless scan-deactivation of Ultra•Strip® anti-shoplifting labels. The deactivator is only 9.2 cm (3.6 in.) wide and can be installed next to any 51 cm (20 in.) long bar code scanner (flatbed or bi-planar). An optional stainless steel trim ring can be installed around both devices to complete a one-unit appearance. Since no physical or operational connection is made between the scanner and the deactivator, service, warranty and other issues for each device are not affected. The IP Pro is not magnetic media safe.
- Flush mounting next to scanner allows seamless “scan/deactivation” of EAS labels
- Small, narrow footprint saves space at the Point-Of-Sale
- Deactivation of Ultra•Strip labels up to 15 cm (6 in.) above the pad effective for source-tagged merchandise
- High throughput rate of 60-80 in./sec. (150-200 cm/sec.) keeps checkout lines moving
- Easy to use with minimal training
- Visual confirmation of deactivation via optional remote alarm module
- Not magnetic media safe